Key pieces for Spring


Before Christmas I made myself a promise that I would cut down on the number of clothes that I bought in 2017. I know, I know, we all make this promise but whilst I didn't necessarily intend to spend less, I simply wanted to make better choices.

I sometimes find myself a little stressed about what to wear or that I'm just not 'chic' enough but I realise a big part of this just that my wardrobe needs simplification. And so each season I plan on creating a capsule collection of around 5 pieces supplemented with some simple basics. This 'capsule' collection will include a few key pieces for the season that keep it fashionable yet still timeless.






The first piece of this collection is this beautiful flared sleeve top from River Island - isn't it beautiful? (And so damn Instagramable!) I love how beautifully svelt it feels and there are so many different times and places that I can wear it.

See that's the trick to a capsule wardrobe - the ability to wear the pieces together in a number of different ways. This way you have fewer pieces but they are all worn in numerous styles.

I have added a few more pieces, some leather zipped trousers from Zara, a high-neck lace top from Vila in white and these beautiful Valentinos.

I can't wait for the new season and to start wearing some new pieces and (hopefully) improving the overall style of my blog and Instagram through having a more consistent 'look'.

What are the key pieces that you are after for Spring?

Shop Bell Sleeve tops




Shop the post




Thank you so much for reading.

I'd love if you subscribed to my Youtube Channel


25 comments

  1. you have a beautiful blouse;)

    http://fashionmakeup-czarnulaxyz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats such a beautiful top! Likewise your blog!

    x Sophia

    Personal blog | Tao of Sophia
    Founder | Blog and The City

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your idea! The outfit is perfect.Kisses
    http://www.atrendylifestyle.com/2017/01/look-con-botas-altas-y-speedy-de-louis.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This flare top is amazing!

    http://ariadibari.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh in love with your valentinos! and good choice with the "key elements"

    xx Nicole - www.nicolemai.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole - I have literally been after them for years and have an unboxing of them on my channel!

      Delete
  6. so lovely Arabella, simple but yes soo chic
    you have totally inspired me to simplify my wardrobe as well <3

    http://amelodyofdiaries.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariel - ah that's awesome! I've put a bunch of stuff on Depop/Ebay, just being ruthless!

      Delete
  7. Your style is so amazing! Such a beautiful gal.

    Xo,
    Elise
    www.w-t-fab.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. In love with that top!! Love that gorgeous contrast trim

    Enclothed Cognition

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your sweater! <3

    www.fashion-utopia.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really nice,Amazing total look
    I love so much this your looking:)
    Regards.
    Shopafford.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh those Valentino are love! Looking stunning. Inspired :)
    Look Human Coupon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Rockstuds are gorgeous! I have them in burgundy and black, but the nude is stunning! Looks great with the top from River Island!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  13. love those sleeves, super cute look!

    xx Melis
    http://fashionmews.com

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig