ELEMIS | Worth the hype?


Just before Christmas I got my hands on the Elemis Biotec range and ever since I have been promising a review. These are certainly well hyped products but they also come with a hefty price tag and so I'm sure many of you, like myself, are wary of spending that much money on a cleanser! So, one month on from using the products every day and how do I feel about them?

Overall it's a beautiful range, i'll go into more detail below about each product but essentially you can tell that it's a premium brand. Elemis is certainly a brand that I adore and with that, I expect a lot.


 Biotec Skin Energising Cleanser

This was definitely what I was most looking forward to trying out of the whole range. It isn't a cheap product so at £38.50 I did plenty of research before buying it. You do, however, get quite a lot for your money, it's a large bottle so value for money isn't too bad.

Speaking of value for money, this is probably going to last me about 6 months or more. I use it every morning and every night and it's probably only gone down about half a centimetre - incredible! (I use two pumps usually, three if I've had heavy duty make-up on).

So we've established it's value for money but does it work? One thing that I did notice straight away is that it doesn't foam all that much. I once read that there is a chemical that is put into products like shower gels and cleansers to make them foam more, actually, it's better that they don't. There's not a very strong smell either; what it does have is a very clean-smelling fragrance (in a nice way, if you get what I mean).

I really do like this cleanser, it really appears to take off all my make-up easily and doesn't sting my eyes. However, it seems that no cleanser will ever live up to the Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish and so if I had to choose it would be the latter.



Biotech Skin Energising Day Cream

Now if you thought the cleanser was expensive then look away now. The day cream comes in at a whopping £75 and, unlike the cleanser, you don't really get all that much. Okay, I'm probably being a little unfair as you do actually get two products in one - a serum and a day cream, but it's still something that is certainly worth careful consideration. Before buying this set (which I got about half the price btw!) I did actually go and get two samples of everything to ensure that it would work with my skin (I can't think of anything worse than spending that much and it not being suitable!).

So you will be able to deduce that as I'm writing this post I obviously got on with the sample. I do use this every morning and I am liking it. It is hard to tell if it's made a difference though but with the Christmas sugar my skin wasn't in the best place at the start of the new year and this hasn't exactly made it worse. Overall I feel it moisturises well and make-up does sit beautifully on top, however, in winter I want something a little bit more oil based as my skin is really dry.



Biotec Skin Energising Night Cream

Okay so this one I haven't tried as much. You can see it's in a half size so there's not all that much and I hadn't quite run out of my other night cream so I've been giving this ago a few nights here and there. I do like it, it's a little deeper in nourishment than the day cream, however, even though it includes a serum I still wouldn't forgo the face oil. I bet these products are truly awesome in summer but in winter I'm just not sure that they cut the mustard from a moisture point of view.

All that being said, my skin does look quite good at the moment, I haven't (fingers crossed) had any spots since using them and dryness has definitely been kept to a minimum.

I would recommend giving these a go but only if you are willing to spend that much, there are cheaper alternatives that I would probably rank above these such as almost any range from The Body Shop so get some samples and see what you think.

Have you tried this range? What do you think?





Shop the post



I'd love if you checked out my Youtube channel

6 comments

  1. I've been dying to try these after seeing all my fav bloggers using it... But it's just a bit pricey!

    Much love,
    HER FASTEST FASHION

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is pricey, I managed to find a sample pack for only £35 though linked above!

      Delete
  2. have heard so many great things, but quite an investment to try out the products!

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never tried those products. If they are really good I wouldn't mind to invest some money!
    www.bonjourchiara.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might try these myself after reading your post. Great work!

    http://therytashablog.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

© ARABELLA

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Professional Blog Designs by pipdig